Issues created by the mind

Opening the mind to hypnotherapy

On the surface, the idea of hypnotherapy may be rather daunting to some, after all, the word is a portmanteau of hypnosis and therapy. I was acutely aware of the stigmas attached to both of these as I attended my preliminary info session. Naturally, as the session progressed, questions were asked about the whole hypnotherapy process. How does it work? How do you do it? What are the risks? Of course, these questions were welcomed, as they likely had been many times before, and answered with clarity and poise.


I gained a lot from this one session, and any concerns were quickly shaken. The hypnotherapist explained, in detail, how the process works, and how it helps to amend issues created by the mind. Getting to know the client, their thought process, and how that leads to certain actions seemed to be a significant aspect of hypnotherapy, and by actively partaking in these sessions, concerns such as addiction, phobia, ortrauma, can be traced, covered, and eventually alleviatedMuch of process is completed through the client rather than the therapist, they’re simply there to aid you along the way, through subtle yet conscientious technique. 


big takeaway from the session was the importance of keeping an open mind, and how the reluctance to do so often makes hypnotherapy difficult. Through a combination of trust and patience, I believe that hypnotherapy can prove immeasurably effective in changing people’s lives, especially if you approach it with specific goals in mind. To conclude, if hypnotherapy is something you’re considering, or have considered in the past, I would wholeheartedly recommend giving it a go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry by Chris- My heart is mending & my mind is true, but my soul is still hurting...wouldn't yours too?

I did not think it would help at all but thought no harm in trying!

"I don't get angry anymore or let it get the better of me" Antonymous quote which should be shared