I have a lot of anger issues because I felt so useless and defenceless as a kid


Coming up to 3 months ago I tried taking my own life on a Wednesday night, on the Friday morning one of my mates asks me to play for his team and I can honestly say this is one of the things that is keeping me mentally healthy and it's now a top priority in my life. 

 

My early years - at 18 I found out the reason I'd been having this same nightmare 3 or 4 times a week sometimes more was because when I was 3 years old I was beaten by a 'guardian' of mine. This nightmare was so scary for me I would wet the bed until I was 11. 

 

I know this has affected me badly and I probably don't know just how bad but I think I have a lot of anger issues because of this because I felt so useless and defenceless as a kid.



When I was 22 I started lifting weights and reading about training and 'doing it properly' and after doing it for almost 2 years I signed up to compete in powerlifting. One guy had said that I was really nervous all of the time and powerlifting allowed me to release all of that energy and that was why I was so strong. So I signed up, got through the Squats fine, next up Bench Press my nemesis, I got disqualified.


They are really strict on certain rules and I broke them 3 times in a row. So I got DQ'd but I carried on and got a 200 kg Deadlift in spandex. I went back again a few months later as a part of a team competition and did really well. Without realising I had qualified for The Regional North West Championships.

 See Marcus' YouTube Video here 


It was incredibly close between me and this other guy. Just after I finished my final Deadlift I went and sat next to my girlfriend and then the announcer calls 'all lifters to come to the stand.' They start handing out certificates

 

I look on and read it Marcus Morris 74kg total: 462.5 kg

 

Position: 2nd. 'What I came 2nd?' I said to myself out loud.

 

I couldn't believe it and this was a major moment for me personally I'd finally started to realise I am actually good at stuff.

 

 Read Marcus' full article here 


 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry by Chris- My heart is mending & my mind is true, but my soul is still hurting...wouldn't yours too?

I did not think it would help at all but thought no harm in trying!

"I don't get angry anymore or let it get the better of me" Antonymous quote which should be shared